Saturday, March 27, 2010

THE SONG REMEMBERS WHEN....

Just the other day, I was working in my kitchen and on the TV I heard an advertisement about
Carole King and James Taylor coming to SLC for a concert. They were singing parts of
their old songs on this add...then she started singing: "...it's too late baby, now it's
too late, though I really did try to make it. Something is inside
just died and I can't ...." so on and so forth! This just
spurred a weird memory for me... bear with me:
I'm not even sure how old I was
but my cousin, Dave, had
picked me and Deb
up for softball
practice
we were sitting
in the back seat of his
car and he had the radio on real
loud. This Carole King song was blasting
over the radio and I was just a singing along with it
totally oblivious to anything going on. All of a sudden, Dave just
flipped off the radio and there I was singing to the top of my lungs all by my
self. I was so embarrassed and all Dave could do was laugh and laugh. I love my cousins, but those older boys really had a way of making us younger ones look and feel silly! I think it is so neat the way music can bring back memories some 40 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. "Hey, hey we're the Monkey's"... I can still see us under that tree somewhere out where our bikes had taken us. I think there was water...a little stream of sorts and a tree branch we were bouncing up and down on..."People say we monkey around"...I haven't heard that song in years but the other day someone mentioned it and I immediately thought of YOU!

    ReplyDelete