Monday, February 8, 2010

I LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND WHAT DID I SEE...

Oh, how I wished it was popcorn popping on my apricot tree...that would mean Spring is here. But instead it is hundreds of Snow Geese. They are back!!! We planted fall grain around the house and they are loving the green stuff. Hopefully it doesn't kill the plant and ruin our crop, so far they haven't hurt anything except where they pad the wet ground down with their webbed feet. It is fun to watch them. In a couple of weeks, there is a big one or two day hunt to kill some of them off before they head up north. I say "Fly Geese Fly...NOW"

2 comments:

  1. Hurry, go have Mike fly over the top of them and scare them away...oh, I guess that would be rather dangerous...okay, just go out and start shooting the guns into the air! I'm with you. Fly birdies, FLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my hubbie is sure excited for the hunt, so maybe you should keep them around!

    ReplyDelete