Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just a little "this" and "that"...







We spent Conference Weekend down south...The weather was unusually hot but after the change in temps this week, I am missing the warmth already. The St. George Marathon was October 1st, and Susan has been training hard to run it. It turned out that it landed right on Riley's birthday, but I don't think that Riley minded too much. That was the first marathon Mike and I have been to and it was really amazing. They capped the race off at 7400 runners and the city of St. George was packed with people. Susan did awesome, she came in at 5 hours and 9 minutes. Pretty neat when you think that last year at this time, she was bringing baby Riley into the world. She is not the only one with the love/hate of running, Deanna ran a half marathon in Cedar a couple of weeks ago and her baby was only 2-1/2 months old. I am so in awe of these girls and I want them to know how proud we are of them. The pictures are just a few of my favorite subjects, I can't get enough of the granddaughters!

2 comments:

  1. WoW! A marathon! I NEVER want to do one of those! My friends up here do them about once a month and make me feel like a loser almost that often...Okay daily with all the running they do. They all qualified for Boston after the St. George Marathon...I'm thinking that I will go with them for the shopping. There has to be some GREAT shopping in Boston would you not agree. Honestly I thought at one point in my life I was a runner but, not even. Things just started wearing out so fast, or maybe it was that I started when I was just too old! Either way I guess I should be happy I can still get out there and put one foot in front of the other for a few miles right? I can't believe that your little girls are growing up so fast. They grow up as quickly as mine. hehe. How lucky are we to have such cute little ones to spend our days with.

    p.s.

    My cell phone lost all of it's memory last week and the Verison store was unable to retrieve it so, could you email me your cell number again so I can re-program it into my phone...What, you think that I can remember stuff like THAT! I SO wish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, cute, cute! You are so lucky!!! I agree with Joey above... I run too long in one place when I run. I could never ever do a marathon. Give Susan and Deanna a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete